Mail completed Registration Form and ONE check (payable to UMTA) for the entire studio to the chairperson for your region by the deadline. Your region is the region in which you are living (if non-UMTA teacher) or the chapter or region in which you are registered as a UMTA teacher. If the scheduling does not work for a student, please consider the online division or contact your region chair and the State Chair if considering another region. Region entry changes must be approved by the Region Chairs and State Chair for applicable regions (See Regions for chairperson’s name, address to send forms, and contact information.)
- Please fill out the registration form completely and accurately. Double-check spelling on students’ names for accuracy in printing certificates.
- Please send only ONE CHECK PER STUDIO. Make checks payable to UMTA please, NOT your local chapter.
- PLEASE remind/notify your students and parents that there are NO refunds for cancellations or no-shows.
- Adhere to all registration deadlines. Region chairpersons need ample time to schedule the evaluations and communicate with teachers.
- Up to 20 percent of performers in each age division will be selected to perform in the UMTA State Honors Recitals October 27-28, 2023. Please keep this date in mind as you communicate information to your participating students.
|Piano K-12 Solo, Duet, Ensemble||$12|
|Piano Collegiate and Adult Solo, Duet, Ensemble||$15|
|Instrumental and Vocal Solo, Duet, Ensemble||$15|
Students of non-UMTA Teachers are invited to participate for $30 per registration. To learn more about UMTA, please visit Join UMTA and MTNA.
Late Fee: Registrations postmarked after the region deadline date are required to pay a late fee of $30, no exceptions. Late submissions without a late fee included will not be eligible to participate and will be returned with the registration fee.
REPERTOIRE GUIDELINES & time limits
- Solo Division: 1 or 2 pieces. Memorization is encouraged, but not required. All entries should be high performance quality. If the piece is unmemorized, an original copy must be used by the student and a second original copy must be available for the judge.
- Duet entries are allowed and may also consist of 1 or 2 pieces. The division entered is determined by the average of the student’s ages rounded down. Original music is required for the judges, and if the duet is not memorized the performers must also use original music. Duets do not have to be memorized to be duly considered for the state honors recital.
- Two piano duets are eligible this year. Please contact your region chair for more information on how to enter this division. No piano concertos will be accepted. Your region may not have two pianos available, and you may need to enter the online division. Please plan accordingly.
- Instrumental and vocal entries are accepted and are judged separately.
|Age||Repertoire Guideline||Total Time Limit|
K-3, 4-6, 7-9
|Any style and composer including arrangements||7 minutes|
|Baroque, Classical, Romantic or Contemporary Repertoire (no arrangements)||10 minutes|
|College & Adult||Baroque, Classical, Romantic or Contemporary Repertoire (no arrangements)||10 minutes|